.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Thursday, November 18, 2010
A Week Late
Tonight was another day coming home late.  I think this may be our new normal.  I'd pulled out the tilapia last night to thaw and planned to finally make those fish tacos I was supposed to make last week.  The fish wasn't quite finished thawing, so Sera & Jim got a snack.  They loaded up on Triscuits and spinach dip while I started dinner.  I was slightly delayed waiting for the fish to finish thawing, so Sera went looking for another snack.  I told her that dinner was coming soon so no more snacks.  She groaned and said, "but I don't like dinner, Mommy."  I told her she didn't even know what we were having.  She replied with a distinct sneer, "Yes, I do.  Healthy food." 

Healthy food or not.  She wanted to help.  I called her after I fried the fish to help assemble the tacos.  I put her on shredded cabbage detail.  She loves helping in the kitchen, and she loved the fish tacos. 

Baja Fish Tacos


1 c flour
1 t salt
½ t ground pepper
1 ¾ lbs tilapia, cut into strips
1 c water, club soda, or beer (I used water since that’s what I had)
¼ c mayonnaise
¼ c ketchup
1 lime, halved crosswise
vegetable oil
tortillas
shredded cabbage
additional lime wedges
hot pepper sauce

Whisk flour, salt, and pepper in bowl; pour in water or club soda, whisking until batter is smooth. Let stand 15 minutes.

Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Squeeze some lime juice over each strip. Let stand 15 minutes.

Mix mayonnaise and ketchup. Refrigerate until tacos are ready to assemble.

Mix fish into batter.

Pour oil into medium skillet and pre-heat. Slide fish strips into oil. Fry until golden.

Fill warm tortilla with 2 fish strips. Top with sauce, cabbage, squeeze of lime, and dash of hot pepper sauce.

Labels:



1 Comments:

Blogger Unspoken said...

That sounds yummy!

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG