.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Sunday, April 09, 2006
What Have We Been Doing?
So, you ask, what have we been doing during the wait? For the most part, just living life like normal. This is my fifth year as a high school teacher, and I have to admit, I had no idea what I was getting into. It's worse than I ever thought it could be, and it's better than I could ever have imagined. It's filled with frustrations: the unbelievable levels of bureaucracy, the inane decisions made, the truly incompetent teachers, and the truly disengaged students. But it's also filled with some great moments: connecting with a student and seeing that they "get it," witnessing some amazing teachers and professionals who have completely devoted themselves to these kids, knowing that, however small, you've made a difference for the better in someone's life.

Talk about going off on a tangent. That wasn't what I was planning to write about at all. I was planning to talk about the great quilt square swaps I've experienced, and my DTC group's Secret Pal program, which has been great fun. And let's not forget the Chinese classes Jim and I have been taking. Those will have to wait for next time.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG