.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Thursday, December 06, 2007
Passing On The Info
Couple of quick notes today. I have an odd schedule today. We had school until 10 AM. Then I raced home to get Sera down for a nap before she fell asleep in the car. She, apparently, didn't appreciate my stay awake song in the car. It made her cry. On the upside, she's sleeping now. If she falls asleep in the car, I have to let her sleep in the car. Even if it's only five minutes before we get home, she won't go back to sleep.

I have to head back to school and be there from 3:30-7:00 for parent conferences. I despise parent conference night. Why, you ask? Do I despise talking to parents about their children? Nope, that's not it. I despise sitting in a hard little cafeteria chair for 3 1/2 hours waiting for parents, and the only ones who show up are the ones I don't need to see. You can only say your child is doing great in class so many times before it gets old. I want to see the parents of the child who goes to sleep everey single day. Every single day, I send him to the office for sleeping. Know what he said to me yesterday on his way out the door? Why can't you just let me sleep? My answer? I won't go to your house and make you type, and you don't get to sleep in my classroom. Okay, a little smart-alecky on my part, but this is a 17-year-old boy. He thinks I should just let him sleep every day? I want to see the parents of the child who hasn't been in class since the first day of the trimester. She's in school, but ends up in the office before our 4th period class every day. I want to see the parents of the student who's seriously considering becoming a "street pharmacist." His latest role model is American Gangster because "he did a few years in jail and came out a millionaire." I haven't seen the movie, nor do I know the story, but I'm not impressed.

Okay, didn't mean to turn this post into a rant. I did want to share a huge giveaway at 5 minutes for Mom. It's an awesome prize package from Parents Magazine.

Every now and then you stumble across a really touching post. Here is one.

Labels:



1 Comments:

Blogger Tammie said...

I SO get this post a/k/a rant about students & their disinterested parents. Today I begged a father to go out & bring back a gift-wrapped toy for no more than $10 so his daughter could participate in the class grab bag. His response: "I'm in a rush. She'll have to do without." Of course, during an art project today, I complimented this child by saying what a nice job she was doing. Her response? "I know." BTW, she's 6 years old.

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2010 Kaffee Klatsch Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
footer2.JPG